The BHD-508-SAFE is a benchtop-style battery test chamber for temperature and humidity battery testing. specifically designed with AES SAFE battery safety features to keep you safe up to EUCAR Hazard Level 7. The BHD-508-SAFE can seamlessly integrate with our ATP® (All Test Platform) battery testing fixtures.
If you are concerned about losing your lab counter space, this test chamber has an optional floor stand for one chamber or get double the test workspace when you stack two BHD Test Chambers in the same footprint.
BATTERY SAFETY FEATURES The BHD-508-SAFE is equipped with all the safety features needed to keep your lab safe. See safety features tab below.
STRUCTURE. The internal workspace is lined with type 304 stainless steel for a vapor-tight internal construction. Two specialized ports allow for cable patches to feed through the back of the test chamber workspace and easily connect to your battery cycler test equipment.
The exterior has a durable powder-coat finish over heavy-gauge steel for a long-lasting clean look. Between the two layers is highly-efficient, low k-factor, thermal insulation. This chamber is built to last for many years.
CIRCULATION SYSTEM. Air circulation is crucial for environmental testing. The BHD-508-SAFE Test Chamber has a proprietary baffle and fan design combination. This optimizes temperature conditions within the workspace for battery testing.
HEATING SYSTEM. BHD test chambers feature heating systems equipped with open ceramic-core nichrome heaters for reliable and accurate temperature control within ±0.5°C.
COOLING SYSTEM. The cooling system in the BHD-508-SAFE consists of a self-contained mechanical refrigeration system with a single stage configuration, and an air-cooling condenser. An optional water cooling-condenser is available.
Add boost cooling with liquid LN2 or CO2 for even faster pull-down rates. It's a great option for stress tests that require rapid cooling.
Even without boost cooling, AES’ standard cascade refrigeration systems have the fastest standard change rates of any environmental test chamber manufacturer. See Basic Specifications tab below.
INSTRUMENTATION. BHD-508-SAFE Test Chamber incorporates AESONE CONNECT® creating a robust connected device giving you a standard and uniform interface that makes operation easier. Learn more in the Instrumentation Tab below.
- Standard Features
- Safety Features
- Optional Features
- Dew Point Calculator
|24W x 24D x 24H (in)
|609.5W x 609.5D x 609.5H (mm)
|63W x 40D x 37H (in)
|1600.2W x 1016D x 939.8H (mm)
|8 cubic ft
|-37°C to 180°C (-34.6°F to 356°F)
|10-95% RH, limited by +4°C Td (for 98% add option)
|±2% RH at sensor
|Pull Down Rate*:
|208 VAC, 1 PH, 60 HZ
|Full Load Amps:
|Will fit through 48 in doorway
|Approximate Product Weight:
|605 lbs (274 kg) without added options
|Approximate Shipping Weight:
|700 lbs (317 kg) without added options
*Rise and pull-down rates calculated using IEC 60068-3-5 standard. Custom options available.
*Ideal ambient temperature conditions for test chambers is 23°C (73.4°F). The temperature and humidity range of assured performance is between 15°C and 25°C (59°F/77°F) and 30-50% relative humidity. Conditions outside this range may affect the performance of your test chamber and reduce the lifespan of the equipment.
- Temperature range: -37°C to 180°C (-34.6°F to +356°F)*Dependent on lowest auto-ignition temperature (AIT) of any possible gasses present during testing
- Exterior structure is heavy-gauge, cold-rolled steel with powder coat bone color and matte finish
- Interior cabinet: stainless steel, type 304
- Interior light with exterior switch on cabinet face and operable on AESONE CONNECT®
- Port configuration: Two rear wall access port and plug with 4in (101.6mm) diameter
- Fully adjustable shelf, 1 wire-grid shelf, stainless steel
- Forced air circulation
- Gas purge control compatible with GN2 Purge and Dry Air Purge
- Multipane 12 in x 12 in heated viewing window
- Full opening door with adjustable manual latch
- Mountable on a reinforced cart with swivel brake casters and floor anchors
- Equipped with AES SAFE Battery Safety Features. Safe up to EUCAR Hazard Level 7. A full list of included safety features is listed in the safety features tab.
BHD Series Test Chambers have upgraded to include AESONE CONNECT® creating a robust connected device for a standard and uniform interface making remote monitoring easier.
AESONE XCHANGE is hardware internal to the chamber that increases your functionality
- Connects the test chamber controller to your network for increased accessibility
- On-board multi-year data logging
AESONE SOFTWARE gives you the power to
- Remote chamber operation and monitoring,
- Web-based test profile creation,
- Viewing current data and historical data visually
- Secure multi-level user access
ADDITIONAL ONBOARD INSTRUMENTATION
WATLOW F4T PROGRAMMABLE CONTROLLER. Features a 4.3” capacitive touchscreen minimizing the chance for error. Ethernet communication supported by AESONE HARDWARE. View more controller options
- TEMPERATURE SENSOR. Measured at the point of airflow entering the workspace. Class A, 3-wire, 100 Ohm Platinum RTD sensor
- RELATIVE HUMIDITY SENSOR. Measured at the point of airflow entering the workspace. Speed of airflow does not affect measurement. Sensor is highly accurate between 10-95% RH, over the entire temperature operating range of -40°C to +180°C (-40°F to +356°F)
- View sensor options
OPTIONAL DATA LOGGERS. View additional data loggers
STANDARD SAFETY FEATURES
- Over Temperature Heat Fusing
- Refrigeration system over-pressure safety circuit
- Low-water steam generator over-temperature circuit
- High/low temperature limit
- Emergency Stop Button
- Set point temp limit
- Chamber alarm output
- Chamber alarm input
- Rapid temp change
- Door lock
- Audible and visual alarm
- Temperature limited sheath heaters
- Burt disk/low flow valve
- Safety purge
- Product thermocouples
- TUV Rheinland certified meeting UL 61010-1, US, C, E
- Additional Safety Features Available: See Optional Features Tab
- Custom Porting Sizes
- LN2 Boost Cool
- CO2 Boost Cool
- Self Contained Water Recirculating System
- Water Demineralizer Cartridge System
- High Humidity Sensor to extend the humidity range up to 98% RH
- Desiccant Air Dryer to reach conditions as low as 5% RH
- Floor Stand with Casters
- Stackable Test Chamber Stand with Casters
- Single Gas Sensor
- Dual Gas Sensor
- Triple Gas Sensor
- Large Burst Disk Upgrade
- Additional Thermocouples
Dew Point Calculator
Dew Point Calculator
Input your values and press calculate to see results.
Please Try Again.