BenchtopRack and Stack
The SCH-508-4-SAFE, also known as the Super 508, is the most powerful temperature and humidity benchtop battery test chamber in the world and is specifically designed with AES SAFE battery safety features to keep you safe up to EUCAR Hazard Level 7. The SCH-508-4-SAFE can seamlessly integrate with our ATP® (All Test Platform) battery testing fixtures.
If you are concerned about losing your lab counter space, this test chamber has an optional floor stand for one chamber or get double the test workspace when you stack two SCH Test Chambers in the same footprint.
BATTERY SAFETY FEATURES The SCH-508-4-SAFE is equipped with all the safety features needed to keep your lab safe. See safety features tab below.
STRUCTURE. The internal workspace is lined with type 304 stainless steel for a vapor-tight internal construction. The exterior has a durable powder-coat finish over heavy-gauge steel for a long-lasting clean look. Between the two layers is highly efficient, low k-factor, thermal insulation. This chamber is built to last for many years.
CIRCULATION SYSTEM. Air circulation is crucial for environmental testing. The SCH series Test Chamber has a proprietary baffle and fan design combination. This optimizes temperature and humidity conditions within the workspace.
HEATING SYSTEM. SCH test chambers feature heating systems equipped with open ceramic-core nichrome heaters for reliable and accurate temperature control within ±0.5°C.
COOLING SYSTEM. The cooling system in the SCH series consists of a self-contained mechanical refrigeration system with a single stage configuration and a 3.5 HP scroll compressor. An optional water-cooled condenser is available.
Add boost cooling with liquid LN2 or CO2 to shorten pull-down times; it's a great option for stress tests that require rapid cooling.
INSTRUMENTATION. SCH-508-4-SAFE Test Chamber incorporates AESONE CONNECT® creating a robust connected device giving you a standard and uniform interface that makes operation easier. Learn more in the Instrumentation Tab below.
- Standard Features
- Safety Features
- Optional Features
|Interior:||24W x 24.1D x 25.8H (in)|
|609.5W x 612.1D x 655.3H (mm)|
|Exterior:||76.2W x 40.3D x 36H (in)|
|1935.5W x 1023.7D x 914.4H (mm)|
|Volume:||8.64 cubic ft|
|Temperature:||-37°C to 180°C (-34.6°F to 356°F)|
|Humidity:||10-95% RH, limited by +4°C Td (for 98% add option)|
|Humidity Fluctuation:||±2% RH at sensor|
|Pull Down Rate*:||5°C/min|
|Electrical Supply:||208 VAC, 1 PH, 60 HZ|
|Full Load Amps:||50 A|
|Power Requirement:||Non-NEMA L6-50 Plug|
|Refrigeration System:||Single stage|
|Mobility:||Will fit through 48 in doorway|
|Approximate Product Weight:||874 lbs (396 kg) without added options|
*Rise and pull-down rates calculated using IEC 60068-3-5 standard. Custom options available.
- Temperature range: -37°C to 180°C (-34.6°F to +356°F)*Dependent on lowest auto-ignition temperature (AIT) of any possible gasses present during testing
- External cabinet construction consists of heavy-gauge, cold-rolled steel with powder coat, bone color, and textured matte finish
- Exterior light with exterior switch on cabinet face
- Port configuration: Two rear wall access port and plug with 4in (76.2mm) diameter for ATP fixture and four 2in (50.8mm) diameter rear wall ports for cycler thermocouples
- Gas Inlet compatible with GN2 Purge and Dry Air Purge
- Equipped with AES SAFE Battery Safety Features. Safe up to EUCAR Hazard Level 7. A full list of included safety features is listed in the safety features tab.
SCH Series Test Chambers have incorporated AESONE CONNECT® creating a robust connected device for a standard and uniform interface making test chamber remote monitoring easier.
AESONE XCHANGE is hardware internal to the chamber that increases your functionality
- Connects the test chamber controller to your network for increased accessibility
- On-board multi-year data logging
AESONE SOFTWARE gives you the power to
- Remote chamber operation and monitoring,
- Web-based test profile creation,
- Viewing current data and historical data visually
- Secure multi-level user access
ADDITIONAL ONBOARD INSTRUMENTATION
WATLOW F4T PROGRAMMABLE CONTROLLER. Features a 4.3” capacitive touchscreen minimizing the chance for error. Ethernet communication supported by AESONE HARDWARE. View more controller options
- TEMPERATURE SENSOR. Measured at the point of airflow entering the workspace. Class A, 3-wire, 100 Ohm Platinum RTD sensor
- Solid-State Humidity Sensor
OPTIONAL DATA LOGGERS. View additional data loggers
STANDARD SAFETY FEATURES
- Shelf Modification
- Custom Porting Sizes
- Custom window size
- LN2 Boost Cool
- CO2 Boost Cool
- Self Contained Water Recirculating System
- Water Demineralizer Cartridge System
- High Humidity Sensor to extend the humidity range up to 98% RH
- Desiccant Air Dryer to reach conditions as low as 5% RH
- Floor Stand with Casters
- Single Gas Sensor
- Dual Gas Sensor
- Triple Gas Sensor
- Large Burst Disk Upgrade
- Additional Thermocouples
Please Try Again.