The FD-527-7.5-SAFE is a temperature-only floor model test chamber specifically designed with AES SAFE battery testing safety features to keep you safe up to EUCAR Hazard Level 7.
BATTERY SAFETY FEATURES The FD-527-7.5-SAFE is equipped with all the safety features needed to keep your lab safe. See safety features tab below.
STRUCTURE. The exterior cabinet design is an engineered sheet metal frame that is precision laser cut and formed with powder coat bone color and matte finish.
The internal workspace walls are type 304 stainless steel for vapor-tight internal construction. The exterior has a durable powder-coat finish over heavy-gauge steel for a long-lasting clean look. And between the two layers, you’ll find highly efficient, low k-factor thermal insulation. This chamber is built to last for many years.
CIRCULATION SYSTEM. Air circulation is crucial for environmental testing. The airflow system has a proprietary baffle/fan design combination to optimize temperature and humidity conditions within the workspace. Air flows into a plenum behind the back wall of the internal workspace for conditioning to the required setpoint. Pushed by large stainless steel blower wheels, air enters the workspace through a four-inch area at the top of the workspace’s back wall. A directional baffle forces the conditioned air across the ceiling toward the front door, redirecting and dispersing the airflow throughout the workspace. An intake vent on the workspace floor along the back wall returns air to the plenum for reconditioning to the precise temperature and humidity.
Variable-speed airflow control is included allowing you to adjust airflow to meet your test requirements and reduce noise.
HEATING SYSTEM. FD test chambers feature heating systems equipped with several finned nichrome sheath bars that operate independently within the plenum for reliable and accurate temperature control within ±0.5°C.
COOLING SYSTEM. The cooling system consists of a self-contained mechanical refrigeration system with a cascade configuration. Performance and efficiency are balanced with Thrust and Impulse models with standard air-cooled, while water-cooled is standard for Warp and Hyperdrive models. Both can be ordered with air or water-cooled options to accommodate your facility’s services.
Add boost cooling with liquid GN2 or CO2 for even faster pull-down rates. It's a great option for stress tests that require rapid cooling. Even without boost cooling, AES standard cascade refrigeration systems have the fastest standard change rates of any environmental test chamber manufacturer. See the Basic Specifications tab below.
INSTRUMENTATION. FD Series Test Chambers have incorporated AESONE CONNECT, creating a robust connected device for a standard and uniform interface, making monitoring and operating easier. See the Instrumentation Tab below for more details.
- Standard Features
- Safety Features
- Optional Features
|Interior:||36W x 36D x 36H (in)|
|914.4W x 914.4D x 914.4H (mm)|
|Exterior:||45.5W x 72D x 75.5H (in)|
|1155.7W x 1828.8D x 1917.7H (mm)|
|Volume:||27 cubic ft|
|Temperature:||-40°C to 180°C (-40°F to 365°F)|
|Pull Down Rate*:||5.5°C/min|
|Electrical Supply:||480 VAC, 3 PH, 60 HZ|
|Full Load Amps:||28 A|
|Refrigeration System:||Single stage|
|Mobility:||Will fit through 62 in doorway|
*Rise and pull-down rates calculated using IEC 60068-3-5 standard. Custom options available.
- Temperature range: -40°C to 180°C (-40°F to 356°F)*Dependent on lowest auto-ignition temperature (AIT) of any possible gasses present during testing
- External cabinet construction consists of heavy-gauge, cold-rolled steel with powder coat, bone color, and textured matte finish
- Interior cabinet is stainless steel, type 304
- Interior light with exterior switch on cabinet face and AESONE CONNECT
- Port configuration: left wall access port and plug with 3 inch (76.2 mm) diameter
- Port configuration: right wall access port and plug with 3 inch (76.2 mm) diameter
- Fully-adjustable shelf, one wire-grid, stainless steel shelf
- Full opening door with adjustable manual door latch
- Swivel brake casters, set of 4
- Gas inlet compatible with GN2 Purge and Dry Air Purge
SC Series Test Chambers have incorporated AESONE CONNECT® creating a robust connected device for a standard and uniform interface making test chamber remote monitoring easier.
AESONE XCHANGE is hardware internal to the chamber that increases your functionality
- Connects the test chamber controller to your network for increased accessibility
- On-board multi-year data logging
AESONE SOFTWARE gives you the power to
- Remote chamber operation and monitoring,
- Web-based test profile creation,
- Viewing current data and historical data visually
- Secure multi-level user access
ADDITIONAL ONBOARD INSTRUMENTATION
WATLOW F4T PROGRAMMABLE CONTROLLER. Features a 4.3” capacitive touchscreen minimizing the chance for error. Ethernet communication supported by AESONE HARDWARE. View more controller options
- TEMPERATURE SENSOR. Measured at the point of airflow entering the workspace. Class A, 3-wire, 100 Ohm Platinum RTD sensor
OPTIONAL DATA LOGGERS. View additional data loggers
STANDARD SAFETY FEATURES
- Shelf Modification
- Custom Porting Sizes
- LN2 Boost Cool
- CO2 Boost Cool
- Desiccant Air Dryer to reach conditions as low as 5% RH
- Gas Purge compatible with Dry Nitrogen (GN2) & Compressed Dry Air (CDA)
- Single Gas Sensor
- Dual Gas Sensor
- Triple Gas Sensor
- Large Burst Disk Upgrade
- Additional Thermocouples
Please Try Again.