FD-5246 model is a high-performance version of AES' popular floor-style models with a fast change rate, and is made for heavy loads. Two fully-opening wing doors have 24" x 72" (610 x 1829 mm) multi-pane viewing windows with low-temperature-activated heating.
STRUCTURE. Prefabricated solid steel construction gives you a tight-tolerance environmental walk-in room. A durable powder-coat finish over the heavy-gauge steel ensures a long-lasting clean look. This chamber is built to last for many years. Anchor feet on the chamber and machine pack keep the units securely in place.
The internal workspace is lined with type 304 stainless steel for a vapor-tight internal construction. The heated low-profile floor has a ramp that is ideal for easily wheeling two computer/server racks into the workspace. Between the two layers is highly-efficient, low k-factor, thermal insulation.
PERFORMANCE. To optimize temperature conditions within the workspace a specially designed plenum allows airflow to enter the space from the back and pushed to the sides for conditioning. Toward the front of the workspace, registers spread the air top to bottom creating a uniform workspace for testing dense products under dead-load and live-load situations.
Airflow for products under test is fed by triple-blower wheels at the back wall with left and right air discharge. Plenums on both the left and right sides condition and discharge air to the front of the workspace through baffles that direct the airflow uniformly top to bottom. As air enters through the back of the chamber, the flow is directed along the sides through a plenum where the air is conditioned to the correct temperature. When the air reaches the front of the chamber it flows through registers with baffles that direct the air to move uniformly from top to bottom. Stacked circulation fans on the back wall of the workspace pulls the air through the product and back into the plenum to be reconditioned.
Three cable access ports on each side, have a six-inch diameter on the left and right side walls and are centered front to back and spread equidistance top to bottom.
HEATING SYSTEM. FD-4246 test chambers are equipped with open several nichrome heaters spread over both sides for reliable and accurate temperature control within ±0.5°C.
COOLING SYSTEM. The cooling system in the FD-4246 consists of a self-contained mechanical refrigeration system with a cascade configuration, and water cooling-condenser.
Add boost cooling with liquid LN2 or CO2 for even faster pull-down rates. It's a great option for stress tests that require rapid cooling. Even without boost cooling, AES’ standard cascade refrigeration systems have the fastest standard change rates of any environmental test chamber manufacturer. See Basic Specifications tab below.
INSTRUMENTATION. FD-5246 Series Test Chambers have incorporated the AESONE CONNECT creating a robust connected device for a standard and uniform interface making operation easier.
- Standard Features
- Safety Features
- Optional Features
|74W x 60D x 96H (in)
|1879.6W x 1524D x 2438.3H (mm)
|102W x 82D x 121H (in)
|2590.8W x 2082.8D x 3073.4H (mm)
|246.67 cubic ft
|-40°C to 100°C (-37°F to 212°F)
|Pull Down Rate*:
|480 VAC, 3 PH, 60 HZ
|Full Load Amps:
*Rise and pull-down rates calculated using IEC 60068-3-5 standard. Custom options available.
*Heat Rise Rate: empty chamber stated above
• Dead load performance 8°C/minute from ambient to +85°C, with 100lb (45.36kg) load, 60% steel/40% PCB
• Live load performance will increase with active live load during heat transition
*Cooling Pull-Down Rate: empty chamber stated above
• Dead load performance 8°C/minute, from +50°C to 0°C, with 200lb (45.36kg) load, 60% steel/40% PCB
• Live load performance 2°C/minute, from +50°C to 0°C, with 4kw active live load, during cool transition
*Rise and Pull-down rates calculated using IEC 60068-3-5 standard. Custom humidity setpoints under live load available.
- Temperature range -40°C to +100°C (-40°F to +212°F)
- Interior cabinet: stainless steel, type 304
- Exterior cabinet: cold rolled steel, heavy-gauge, powder coat finish, color: bone
- Port configuration, 2 back panel, stainless steel ports, config. for ATP, with 4in (101.6mm) diameter
- Internal light with external switch full opening bi-parting doors, manual door latch
- 2 full-length, multipane viewing window
- Forced air circulation
FD Series Test Chambers have incorporated AESONE CONNECT creating a robust connected device for a standard and uniform interface making test chamber operation easier.
AESONE XCHANGE is hardware internal to the chamber that increases your functionality
- Connects the test chamber controller to your network for increased accessibility
- On-board multi-year data logging
AESONE SOFTWARE gives you the power to
- Remote chamber operation and monitoring,
- Web-based test profile creation,
- Viewing current data and historical data visually
- Secure multi-level user access
ADDITIONAL ONBOARD INSTRUMENTATION
WATLOW F4T PROGRAMMABLE CONTROLLER. Features a 4.3” capacitive touchscreen minimizing the chance for error. Ethernet communication supported by AESONE HARDWARE. View more controller options
- TEMPERATURE SENSOR. Measured at the point of airflow entering the workspace. Class A, 3-wire, 100 Ohm Platinum RTD sensor
OPTIONAL DATA LOGGERS. View additional data loggers
STANDARD SAFETY FEATURES
- HIGH/LOW TEMPERATURE CONTROL. an adjustable temperature limit controller allows you to program the highest and lowest temperature of the device under test, protecting products from compromising temperature exposure.
- Internal high-temperature limit safety
- Refrigeration system over-pressure safety circuit
- TUV Rheinland Certified Meeting UL 508A, US, C, E
- LN2 Boost Cool
- CO2 Boost Cool
- Adjustable Safety with Alarm
- Honeywell Chart Recorder
- Honeywell Digital Chart Recorder
- Change Port Size/Access Point
- Desiccant Air Dryer to ensure conditions as low as 5% RH
- Dry Nitrogen Purge to keep condensation and frost from accumulating on DUT surfaces at cold temperatures and to prevent oxidation of metals surfaces at high temperatures
- Water-Cooled Condenser
- Noise Reduction Package
- Alternative Power Requirements
Please Try Again.