BenchtopRack and Stack
The SD-501-SAFE is a unique temperature-only benchtop battery test chamber. The slim design takes up less space than any other chamber on the market today and is specifically designed with AES SAFE battery safety features to keep you safe up to EUCAR Hazard Level 7
This benchtop test chamber is ideal for longer steady-state testing. Its unique slim style allows the chamber to be stacked one on top of the other in a server rack system allowing three independent tests to operate in the footprint of one test chamber.
BATTERY SAFETY FEATURES The SD-501-SAFE is equipped with all the safety features needed to keep your lab safe. See safety features tab below.
STRUCTURE. Featuring polished, heavy-gauge, stainless steel construction, inside and out, makes the SD-501 Series Test Chambers ideal for dust-free, sterilized environments. Between the internal and external layers, is highly-efficient, low K factor, thermal insulation This test chamber is built to withstand constant use and efficiency.
The slim design of this test chamber allows for highly controlled test samples or small batch testing with nine channels spread over three shelves.Three specialized ports allow for cable patches to feed through the back of the test chamber workspace and easily connect to your battery cycler test equipment.
CIRCULATION SYSTEM. Air circulation is crucial for environmental testing. The SD-501 Test Chamber has a proprietary factory-adjustable baffle and fan design combination to optimize circulation conditions and temperature within the test workspace.
HEATING SYSTEM. Featuring industry-leading heating systems, SD-501 Series Test Chambers are equipped with multiple low-watt density, ceramic core, nichrome heaters for accurate temperatures within ±0.5°C, as measured at the sensor. The arrangement of the heater gives you ultimate temperature precision. If your testing requires conditions drier than the surrounding ambient air, add an optional dry air purge or dry nitrogen purge system.
INSTRUMENTATION. SD-501 Test Chamber incorporates AESONE CONNECT® creating a robust connected device giving you a standard and uniform interface that makes operation easier. Learn more in the Instrumentation Tab below.
- Standard Features
- Safety Features
- Optional Features
|Interior:||13W x 13.5D x 9.9H (in)|
|330.2W x 342.9D x 251.4H (mm)|
|Exterior:||18.8W x 46.7D x 18.8H (in)|
|477.6W x 1186.2D x 477.6H (mm)|
|Volume:||1.01 cubic ft|
|Temperature:||-37°C to 180°C (-34.6°F to 356°F)|
|Pull Down Rate*:||3°C/min|
|Electrical Supply:||120 VAC, 1 PH, 60 HZ|
|Full Load Amps:||13 A|
|Power Requirement:||NEMA 5-15|
|Refrigeration System:||Single stage|
|Mobility:||Will fit through 32 in doorway|
*Rise and pull-down rates calculated using IEC 60068-3-5 standard. Custom options available.
- Temperature range -37°C to +180°C (-34.6°F to +356°F)*Dependent on lowest auto-ignition temperature (AIT) of any possible gasses present during testing
- External cabinet construction consists of 304 stainless steel
- Internal workspace constructed with type 304 stainless steel
- Full opening door with manual latch
- Interior light with exterior switch on cabinet face and operable on AESONE CONNECT®
- Port configuration: left wall access port and plug with 3in (76.2mm) diameter
- Port configuration: right wall access port and plug with 3in (76.2mm) diameter
- Fully adjustable shelf, 1 wire-grid shelf, stainless steel
- Forced air circulation
- Cable Leader, 10ft, 14 AWG, IEC-320-C13 to NEMA 5-15P
- Equipped with AES SAFE Battery Safety Features. Safe up to EUCAR Hazard Level 7. A full list of included safety features is listed in the safety features tab.
SD Series Test Chambers have incorporated AESONE CONNECT® creating a robust connected device for a standard and uniform interface making test chamber operation easier.
AESONE XCHANGE is hardware internal to the chamber that increases your functionality
- Connects the test chamber controller to your network for increased accessibility
- On-board multi-year data logging
AESONE SOFTWARE gives you the power to
- Remote chamber operation and monitoring,
- Web-based test profile creation,
- Viewing current data and historical data visually
- Secure multi-level user access
ADDITIONAL ONBOARD INSTRUMENTATION
WATLOW F4T PROGRAMMABLE CONTROLLER. Features a 4.3” capacitive touchscreen minimizing the chance for error. Ethernet communication supported by AESONE HARDWARE. View more controller options
- TEMPERATURE SENSOR. Measured at the point of airflow entering the workspace. Class A, 3-wire, 100 Ohm Platinum RTD sensor
OPTIONAL DATA LOGGERS. View additional data loggers
STANDARD SAFETY FEATURES
- High/low temperature limit
- Refrigeration system over pressure safety circuit
- Emergency Stop Button
- Set point temp limit
- Chamber alarm output
- Chamber alarm input
- Rapid temp change
- Door lock
- Audible and visual alarm
- Temperature limited sheath heaters
- Burt disk/low flow valve
- Safety purge
- Product thermocouples
- TUV Rheinland certified meeting UL 61010-1, US, C, E
- Additional Safety Features Available: See Optional Features Tab
- Port Size/Access Point
- Additional Shelving
- Gas Purge compatible with Dry Nitrogen (GN2) & Compressed Dry Air (CDA)
- Stackable Rack Ability to Stack Three Units Vertically in a 19-inch Rack
- Single Gas Sensor
- Double Gas Sensor
- Triple Gas Sensor
- Additional Thermocouples
Please Try Again.