BenchtopRack and Stack
The SD-508-SAFE, a temperature-only benchtop battery test chamber specifically designed with AES SAFE battery safety features to keep you safe up to EUCAR Hazard Level 7. The SD-508-SAFE can seamlessly integrate with our ATP® (All Test Platform) battery testing fixtures.
If you are concerned about losing your lab counter space, this test chamber has an optional floor stand for one chamber, or get double the test workspace when you stack two SD test chambers in the same footprint.
BATTERY SAFETY FEATURES The SD-508-SAFE is equipped with all the safety features needed to keep your lab safe. See safety features tab below.
STRUCTURE. The internal workspace is lined with type 304 stainless steel for a vapor-tight internal construction. Two specialized ports allow for cable patches to feed through the back of the test chamber workspace and easily connect to your battery cycler test equipment.
The exterior has a durable powder-coat finish over heavy-gauge steel for a long-lasting clean look. Between the two layers is highly-efficient, low k-factor, thermal insulation. This chamber is built to last for many years.
CIRCULATION SYSTEM. Air circulation is crucial for environmental testing. The SD-508-SAFE Test Chamber has a proprietary baffle and fan design combination. This optimizes temperature conditions within the workspace for the ATPPRIME battery fixture.
HEATING SYSTEM. SD test chambers feature heating systems equipped with open ceramic-core nichrome heaters for reliable and accurate temperature control within ±0.5°C.
COOLING SYSTEM. The cooling system in the SD-508-SAFE consists of a self-contained mechanical refrigeration system with a single stage configuration and an air-cooling condenser. An optional water cooling condenser is available.
Add boost cooling with liquid LN2 or CO2 for even faster pull-down rates. It's a great option for stress tests that require rapid cooling.
Even without boost cooling, AES’ standard cascade refrigeration systems have the fastest standard change rates of any environmental test chamber manufacturer. See Basic Specifications tab below.
INSTRUMENTATION. SD-508-SAFE Test Chamber incorporates AESONE CONNECT® creating a robust connected device giving you a standard and uniform interface that makes operation easier. Learn more in the Instrumentation Tab below.
- Standard Features
- Safety Features
- Optional Features
|Interior:||24W x 24D x 24H (in)|
|609.5W x 609.5D x 609.5H (mm)|
|Exterior:||63W x 37.5D x 37H (in)|
|1600.2W x 952.5D x 939.8H (mm)|
|Volume:||8 cubic ft|
|Temperature:||-37°C to 180°C (-34.6°F to 356°F)|
|Pull Down Rate*:||1.24°C/min|
|Electrical Supply:||208 VAC, 1 PH, 60 HZ|
|Full Load Amps:||21 A|
|Power Requirement:||NEMA L6-30|
|Refrigeration System:||Single stage|
|Mobility:||Will fit through 48 in doorway|
|Approximate Product Weight:||555 lbs (252 kg) without added options|
|Approximate Shipping Weight:||665 lbs (302 kg) without added options|
*Rise and pull-down rates calculated using IEC 60068-3-5 standard. Custom options available.
- Temperature range: -37°C to 180°C (-34.6°F to +356°F)*Dependent on lowest auto-ignition temperature (AIT) of any possible gasses present during testing
- External cabinet construction consists of heavy-gauge, cold-rolled steel with powder coat, bone color, and textured matte finish
- Internal workspace constructed with type 304 stainless steel
- Full opening door with adjustable manual latch
- Port configuration: two back wall access ports, Two 4 in (101.6 mm) diameter access ports for ATP fixture
- Fully adjustable shelf, 1 wire-grid shelf, stainless steel
- Forced air circulation
- Equipped with AES SAFE Battery Safety Features. Safe up to EUCAR Hazard Level 7. A full list of included safety features is listed in the safety features tab.
SD Series Test Chambers have incorporated AESONE CONNECT® creating a robust connected device for a standard and uniform interface making test chamber operation easier.
AESONE XCHANGE is hardware internal to the chamber that increases your functionality
- Connects the test chamber controller to your network for increased accessibility
- On-board multi-year data logging
AESONE SOFTWARE gives you the power to
- Remote chamber operation and monitoring,
- Web-based test profile creation,
- Viewing current data and historical data visually
- Secure multi-level user access
ADDITIONAL ONBOARD INSTRUMENTATION
WATLOW F4T PROGRAMMABLE CONTROLLER. Features a 4.3” capacitive touchscreen minimizing the chance for error. Ethernet communication supported by AESONE HARDWARE. View more controller options
- TEMPERATURE SENSOR. Measured at the point of airflow entering the workspace. Class A, 3-wire, 100 Ohm Platinum RTD sensor
OPTIONAL DATA LOGGERS. View additional data loggers
STANDARD SAFETY FEATURES
- High/low temperature limit
- Emergency Stop Button
- Set point temp limit
- Chamber alarm output
- Chamber alarm input
- Rapid temp change
- Door lock
- Audible and visual alarm
- Temperature limited sheath heaters
- Burt disk/low flow valve
- Safety purge
- Product thermocouples
- TUV Rheinland certified meeting UL 61010-1, US, C, E
- Additional Safety Features Available: See Optional Features Tab
- Shelf Modification
- Custom Porting Sizes
- LN2 Boost Cool
- CO2 Boost Cool
- Water Cooled Condenser
- Desiccant Air Dryer to reach conditions as low as 5% RH
- Gas Purge compatible with Dry Nitrogen (GN2) & Compressed Dry Air (CDA)
- Floor Stand with Casters
- Stackable Test Chamber Stand with Casters
- Single Gas Sensor
- Dual Gas Sensor
- Triple Gas Sensor
- Large Burst Disk Upgrade
- Additional Thermocouples
Please Try Again.