BenchtopRack and Stack
The SD-508 is a benchtop-style environmental test chamber for temperature-only testing. Designed for precision and accuracy, this test chamber is engineered to meet the most demanding testing requirements across a wide range of industries.
If you are concerned about losing your lab counter space, this test chamber has an optional floor stand for one chamber, or get double the test workspace when you stack two SD test chambers in the same footprint.
STRUCTURE. The internal workspace is lined with type 304 stainless steel for a vapor-tight internal construction. The exterior has a durable powder-coat finish over heavy-gauge steel for a long-lasting clean look. Between the two layers is highly efficient, low k-factor, thermal insulation. This chamber is built to last for many years.
CIRCULATION SYSTEM. Air circulation is crucial for environmental testing. The SD-508 Test Chamber has a proprietary baffle and fan design combination. This optimizes temperature conditions within the workspace.
HEATING SYSTEM. SD test chambers feature heating systems equipped with open ceramic-core nichrome heaters for reliable and accurate temperature control within ±0.5°C.
COOLING SYSTEM. The cooling system in the SD-508 consists of a self-contained mechanical refrigeration system with a single stage configuration and an air-cooling condenser. An optional water cooling condenser is available.
Add boost cooling with liquid LN2 or CO2 for even faster pull-down rates. It's a great option for stress tests that require rapid cooling.
Even without boost cooling, AES’ standard cascade refrigeration systems have the fastest standard change rates of any environmental test chamber manufacturer. See Basic Specifications tab below.
INSTRUMENTATION. SD-508 Test Chamber incorporates AESONE CONNECT® creating a robust connected device giving you a standard and uniform interface that makes operation easier. Learn more in the Instrumentation Tab below.
- Standard Features
- Safety Features
- Optional Features
|24W x 24D x 24H (in)
|609.5W x 609.5D x 609.5H (mm)
|53.5W x 37D x 34H (in)
|1358.9W x 939.8D x 863.6H (mm)
|8 cubic ft
|-37°C to 180°C (-34.6°F to 356°F)
|Pull Down Rate*:
|208 VAC, 1 PH, 60 HZ
|Full Load Amps:
|Will fit through 48 in doorway
|Approximate Product Weight:
|545 lbs (247 kg) without added options
|Approximate Shipping Weight:
|655 lbs (297 kg) without added options
*Rise and pull-down rates calculated using IEC 60068-3-5 standard. Custom options available.
*Ideal ambient temperature conditions for test chambers is 23°C (73.4°F). The temperature and humidity range of assured performance is between 15°C and 25°C (59°F/77°F) and 30-50% relative humidity. Conditions outside this range may affect the performance of your test chamber and reduce the lifespan of the equipment.
SD Series Test Chambers have incorporated AESONE CONNECT® creating a robust connected device for a standard and uniform interface making test chamber operation easier.
AESONE XCHANGE is hardware internal to the chamber that increases your functionality
- Connects the test chamber controller to your network for increased accessibility
- On-board multi-year data logging
AESONE SOFTWARE gives you the power to
- Remote chamber operation and monitoring,
- Web-based test profile creation,
- Viewing current data and historical data visually
- Secure multi-level user access
ADDITIONAL ONBOARD INSTRUMENTATION
WATLOW F4T PROGRAMMABLE CONTROLLER. Features a 4.3” capacitive touchscreen minimizing the chance for error. Ethernet communication supported by AESONE HARDWARE. View more controller options
- TEMPERATURE SENSOR. Measured at the point of airflow entering the workspace. Class A, 3-wire, 100 Ohm Platinum RTD sensor
OPTIONAL DATA LOGGERS. View additional data loggers
STANDARD SAFETY FEATURES
- HIGH/LOW TEMPERATURE CONTROL. An adjustable temperature limit controller allows you to program the highest and lowest temperature of the device under test, protecting products from compromising temperature exposure.
- Over temperature heating fusing
- Refrigeration system over-pressure safety circuit
- TUV Rheinland certified meeting UL 61010-1, US, C, E
- Shelf Modification
- Custom Porting Sizes
- Custom Window Size
- Heater for Window
- LN2 Boost Cool
- CO2 Boost Cool
- Water Cooled Condenser
- Desiccant Air Dryer to reach conditions as low as 5% RH
- Gas Purge compatible with Dry Nitrogen (GN2) & Compressed Dry Air (CDA)
- Floor Stand with Casters
- Stackable Test Chamber Stand with Casters
Please Try Again.