FD-548 Models are available in multiple performance levels giving you the rise and pull-down rates you need to meet test requirements and manage live load testing. Built on swivel brake casters, this floor-style environmental test chamber with temperature and humidity functionality still offers flexibility in your lab space or on the production floor.
All large floor models, over 13 cubic feet, are available with escalating performance speeds, for more rate information see specifications below.
STRUCTURE. The exterior cabinet design is an engineered sheet metal frame that is precision laser cut and formed with powder coat bone color and matte finish.
The internal workspace walls are type 304 stainless steel for vapor-tight internal construction. The exterior has a durable powder-coat finish over heavy-gauge steel for a long-lasting clean look. And between the two layers, you’ll find highly efficient, low k-factor thermal insulation. This chamber is built to last for many years.
CIRCULATION SYSTEM. Air circulation is crucial for environmental testing. The airflow system has a proprietary baffle/fan design combination to optimize temperature and humidity conditions within the workspace. Air flows into a plenum behind the back wall of the internal workspace for conditioning to the required setpoint. Pushed by large stainless steel blower wheels, air enters the workspace through a four-inch area at the top of the workspace’s back wall. A directional baffle forces the conditioned air across the ceiling toward the front door, redirecting and dispersing the airflow throughout the workspace. An intake vent on the workspace floor along the back wall returns air to the plenum for reconditioning to the precise temperature and humidity.
Variable-speed airflow control is included allowing you to adjust airflow to meet your test requirements and reduce noise.
HEATING SYSTEM. FD test chambers feature heating systems equipped with several finned nichrome sheath bars that operate independently within the plenum for reliable and accurate temperature control within ±0.5°C.
COOLING SYSTEM. The cooling system consists of a self-contained mechanical refrigeration system with a cascade configuration. Performance and efficiency are balanced with Thrust and Impulse models with standard air-cooled, while water-cooled is standard for Warp and Hyperdrive models. Both can be ordered with air or water-cooled options to accommodate your facility’s services.
Add boost cooling with liquid GN2 or CO2 for even faster pull-down rates. It's a great option for stress tests that require rapid cooling. Even without boost cooling, AES standard cascade refrigeration systems have the fastest standard change rates of any environmental test chamber manufacturer. See the Basic Specifications tab below.
INSTRUMENTATION. FD Series Test Chambers have incorporated AESONE CONNECT, creating a robust connected device for a standard and uniform interface, making monitoring and operating easier. See the Instrumentation Tab below for more details.
- Standard Features
- Safety Features
- Optional Features
|Interior:||48W x 36D x 48H (in)|
|1219.1W x 914.4D x 1219.1H (mm)|
|Exterior:||61W x 80D x 94H (in)|
|1549.4W x 2032D x 2387.6H (mm)|
|Volume:||48 cubic ft|
|Temperature:||-40°C to 180°C (-37°F to 356°F)|
|Pull Down Rate*:||5°C/min|
|Electrical Supply:||480 VAC, 3 PH, 60 HZ|
|Refrigeration System:||Single stage|
|Approximate Product Weight:||2224 lbs (1009 kg) without added options|
|Approximate Shipping Weight:||2334 lbs (1059 kg) without added options|
Temperature Only -40° C to +180° C
Temperature & Humidity -40° C to +180° C
|18.0 cu ft (509.73 l)|
Interior: 36x24x36 in
|27.0 cu ft (764.81 l)|
Interior: 36x36x36 in
|36.0 cu ft (1,019.46 l)|
Interior: 36x48x36 in
|48.0 cu ft (1,358.91 l)|
Interior: 48x36x48 in
|64.0 cu ft (22,251.4 l)|
Interior: 48x48x48 in
|80.0 cu ft (27,019 l)|
Interior: 48x60x48 in
|96.0 cu ft (31,788.5 l)|
Interior: 48x72x48 in
Rate of Change Key
Thrust: up to 3.9°C/min
Impulse: up to 4.0°C/min
Warp: up to 6.5°C/min
Hyperdrive: up to 9.0°C/min
|4HP Single Stage |
|7.5HP Single Stage |
|12HP Single Stage |
Scroll or Discus
|17HP Single Stage |
|↓ 5.0°C/min |
|↓ 6.75°C/min |
|↓ 3.75°C/min |
|↓ 6.5°C/min |
|↓ 3.0°C/min |
|↓ 6.0°C/min |
|↓ 2.5°C/min |
|↓ 5.0°C/min |
|↓ 6.0°C/min |
|↓ 8.0°C/min |
|↓ 2.0°C/min |
|↓ 4.75°C/min |
|↓ 5.25°C/min |
|↓ 7.5°C/min |
|↓ 1.5°C/min |
|↓ 4.0°C/min |
|↓ 4.5°C/min |
|↓ 6.5°C/min |
|↓ 1.5°C/min |
|↓ 3.5°C/min |
|↓ 4.25°C/min |
|↓ 6.0°C/min |
Water-Cooled or Remote Air-Cooled
*Rise and pull-down rates calculated using IEC 60068-3-5 standard. Custom options available.
- Temperature range: -40°C to 180°C (-40°F to 356°F)
- Exterior structure is engineered sheet metal frame is precision laser cut and formed with powder coat bone color and matte finish
- Interior cabinet is stainless steel, type 304
- Interior light with exterior switch on cabinet face and AESONE CONNECT
- Door mount controls
- Electrical component cabinet is easily accessible via the front face with under door access
- Exceptionally small clearance requirements, 12 inches in the back and 8 inches on each side
- Compressor intake is front facing with outtake being expelled on left, right, and back sides (air-cooled chambers may require additional clearance based on the facility’s HVAC system recovery speed)
- Forced air circulation
- Finned independent nichrome sheath heaters for even heating of conditioned air in the plenum offer fast changing heating and cooling rates
- Powerful custom-designed stainless steel blower wheels
- Port configuration: left and right wall access port and plug with 6 inch (152.4 mm) diameter
- Fully-adjustable shelf, one wire-grid, stainless steel shelf
- Full opening door with adjustable manual door latch
- Swivel brake casters
- Multipane heated 36 x 48 inch viewing window
FD Series Test Chambers have incorporated AESONE CONNECT creating a robust connected device for a standard and uniform interface making test chamber operation easier.
AESONE XCHANGE is hardware internal to the chamber that increases your functionality
- Connects the test chamber controller to your network for increased accessibility
- On-board multi-year data logging
AESONE SOFTWARE gives you the power to
- Remote chamber operation and monitoring,
- Web-based test profile creation,
- Viewing current data and historical data visually
- Secure multi-level user access
ADDITIONAL ONBOARD INSTRUMENTATION
WATLOW F4T PROGRAMMABLE CONTROLLER. Features a 4.3” capacitive touchscreen minimizing the chance for error and the low voltage PLC is touch-safe. Ethernet communication supported by AESONE HARDWARE. View more controller options
AIRFLOW. Variable frequency drive allows you to lower air velocity to meet your test requirements and reduce noise.
- TEMPERATURE SENSOR. Measured at the point of airflow entering the workspace. Class A, 3-wire, 100 Ohm Platinum RTD sensor
- RELATIVE HUMIDITY SENSOR. Measured at the point of airflow entering the workspace. Speed of airflow does not affect measurement. Sensor is highly accurate between 10-95% RH, over the entire temperature operating range of -40°C to +180°C (-40°F to +356°F)
- View sensor options
OPTIONAL DATA LOGGERS. View additional data loggers
STANDARD SAFETY FEATURES
- HIGH/LOW TEMPERATURE CONTROL. An adjustable temperature limit controller allows you to program the highest lowest temperature the device under test, protecting products from compromising temperature exposure.
- Internal high-temperature limit safety
- Refrigeration system over-pressure safety circuit
- TUV Rheinland certified meeting UL 508A, US, C, E
- Shelf Modification
- Custom Porting Sizes
- Custom window size
- Noise Reduction Package
- LN2 Boost Cool
- CO2 Boost Cool
- Desiccant Air Dryer to ensure conditions as low as 5% RH
- Dry Nitrogen Purge to keep condensation and frost from accumulating on DUT surfaces at cold temperatures and to prevent oxidation of metals surfaces at high temperatures
Please Try Again.